We see birthing as an event of a LIFETIME. Pregnancy and birth is a journey unique to each family. No birth is the same, and we believe that families have the right to be fully supported and fully informed.
Your birthing experience MATTERS. As birth doulas, we offer non-judgmental support, guidance, evidence based education and hands on support. We have a variety of tools that we will use throughout your pregnancy, labor and beyond.
FREE 45 minutes complimentary consultation: This is a great way to learn more about our services and us and to see if we are a good match. It is important for you to find a doula(s) you feel comfortable with.
Hand Waves Birth Doula Package
- 2 Prenatal visits: Get to know each other, discuss hopes, fears, joys, evidence-based information for your birth, draft a birth preference and build a strong doula-family relationship. Optional: We are able to join you on your last doctor appointment for extra support per request.
- On-call phone, text and e-mail support: Throughout your pregnancy we are always a click away. We will be available to you by text, videophone, or e-mail. By 37 weeks, we are on-call for you 24 hours a day.
- Complete labor support: We will arrive at your home or birth location per your request, and stay with the family until at least a few hours after the birth (until the family are comfortable and settled in as a new family).
- One Immediate Postpartum Visit: (Within two weeks of your birth) This can be anything the family desires. We can process the birth experience and discuss any further resources. We can also take care of the newborn so momma (and/or partner) can rest, or even walk the family dog! Any special requests, feel free to contact us and tell us what you need!
- Written labor timeline for you to keep for your records
- Two doulas at your service. (An advantage for using us!)
- Access to our lending library
- Lifetime memories
Ideas How to Take Advantage of Having Two Doulas
- One can watch the older sibling(s) while you focus on bringing your baby in this world
- This can be in the waiting room, at your home or at any other locations of your preference
- One can take pictures of the birth (we are not a professional photographer, please check the resources list for one)
- Double doulas, double the energy!